Frequently Asked Questions
Where are you situated?
We are situated in the Northern Cape Province of South Africa. We offer 4 luxurious 5 star lodges inside wide and open hunting areas. Safest hunting destination in South Africa.
What species do you have available to hunt in your areas?
We offer all the different species in South Africa, form the big 5 to the small 5.
We also have some wonderful concessions all over Southern Africa where we take our clients for species not found in our own areas.
What is the best time of year to come and hunt?
Hunting is excellent throughout the year and it depends on what kind of temperatures you enjoy. October through to March is our summer months and maximum temperatures of up to 40 degrees Celsius can be expected. April to September is our cooler months and in the middle of Winter, minimum Temperatures of around freezing can be expected early morning and in the evening.
What is the sizes of your hunting areas?
- Thuru Lodge: 86 000 acres; 36 000 hectares
- Linksfontein: 24 000 acres; 10 000 hectares
- Gamagara: 24 000 acres; 10 000 hectares
- Karreekloof: 112 000 acres; 47 000 hectares
Any malaria in your hunting areas?
The Northern Cape Province is a malaria free area and no other specific vaccines are needed.
What is the best calibre to use in your areas and the average hunting range?
.300 Win Mag is a very good all round calibre for African Game. For Dangerous Game a minimum of .375 H&H needs to be used. Hunting range is between 100 to 250 yards.
Can we rent rifles at the camps?
All our Professional Hunters have rifles that can be rented. All of them is good working rifles with good quality scopes. Rifles are rented @ $30 per day and you pay the cost of ammunition used.
What type of terrain can be expected?
We offer a big variety of hunting terrains which are more open than the Bushveld. From big mountains to the Kalahari dunes to Savannah Bushveld and to a camel thorn tree forest.
What hunting methods are normally used?
Hunting is mostly done by spot and stalk methods. Hunting Vehicles is used to get to good areas to start walking or until game is spotted. Methods can be adjusted according to fitness of our clients.
What makes your company special?
We have some of the very best and biggest hunting areas in the safest part of South Africa. Our Lodges are all 5 star. All our Professional Hunters are very experienced. We have been in this industry for more than 30 years and we have worked very hard to build up a flawless reputation over these years! We are able to assist clients from A-Z, organizing their dream African Safari.
What does our Nightly Rate Include?
- Services of a licensed professional hunter, trained skinner, tracker & camp staff.
- 4×4 Hunting vehicle.
- Accommodation within the hunting area during your safari with us.
- All meals and beverages as well as daily laundry service.
- Field preparation of trophies (skinning, salting and drying)
- Transport of raw trophies to African San Taxidermy.
- 14% Government value added tax on all daily rates and transportation.
- Trophy fees are VAT exempt.
What does our Nightly Rate Exclude?
- Trophy fees of animals bagged, wounded and lost as per current trophy fee pricelist.
- For all wounded and lost animals, 14% government VAT will be charged.
- Ground transportation between hunting areas and Kimberley/Upington/Sishen airports.
- Firearms importation fees into South Africa – Johannesburg/Kimberley/Upington/Sishen.
- Hotel accommodation before and after the safari.
- Packing, dipping and shipping of trophies to final destination – African San Taxidermy pricelist available on
- request: email@example.com
- Commercial and air chartered flights between hunting areas.
- Medical & travel expenses – please have own travel and medical insurance.
- Gratuities to staff.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for Special Hunting Packages.